The Niimbus US 5 PRO is the successors of the praised headphone amps US 4 / US 4+.
The new amps offer the same unsurpassed powerful, noiseless and perfect sounding headphone amp circuitry to drive any dynamic and planar headphone.
The Niimbus US 5 PRO offer a pre-amp function to directly connect and control power amps or active speakers.
Nearly all functions can be conveniently controlled using a stylish remote.
With its incomparable technology, Niimbus US 5 PRO not only offer one of the most powerful headphone amplifiers in the market, but also:
LOWEST NOISE – through a very small amount of internal gain. This makes the amplifier’s self-generated noise inaudible.
HIGH OUTPUT VOLTAGE – through 60 V internal operating voltage. Therefor ideally suited for high-impedance headphones deserving high output voltage swing.
HIGH OUTPUT POWER – thanks to powerful amplifiers that offer far more power even the most demanding headphones would need. So, best suited for headphones with low impedances as well as planar (magnetostatic) headphones !!
HIGH DAMPING FACTOR – due to lowest output impedance. Therefor the ideal match for difficult to drive headphones without negative side effects and with the guarantee for a uncompromising frequency response.
The Niimbus US 5 PRO offers:
- Remote control for input selection, output selection, volume, mute
- 3 analogue stereo inputs, 2 x unbalanced via RCA, 1 x balanced via XLR
- – 18 … +24 dB Pre-Gain to perfectly adapt the US 5 / 5 PRO between source and headphones
- A motorized volume control and a balance control
- 4 powerful amps offering 7000 mW Pmax into 50 Ohm and 32 V RMS into 600 Ohm
- Monitoring of the headphone output in terms of DC and overload
- Headphone path and line-out path individually selectable
- 1 balanced headphone output with 4-pin XLR
- 1 balanced headphone output with 4,4 mm Pentaconn
- 2 single ended outputs with 6,3 mm jack
- 2 x Line-outputs, 1 x unbalanced via RCA, 1 x balanced via XLR
- Adaptation of the line-out signal to the following devices in the range of +/- 12 dB
- 2 toroidal transformers, > 50,000 uF filter capacity
The Niimbus US 5 PRO additionally offers a 256-step reed relay volume control.